Friday 7 November 2008

Ask and thou shalt receive


So, I am sure we all agree that it is preferable to receive something nice at Christmas time, to open up a present and be pleased with its contents. I truly desire to achieve this with you all, chere famille.

To aid me in this please SEND ME YOUR CHRISTMAS LISTS.

I know already who has been naughty and nice, but I don't have a list to check twice yet, so please help me out. I feel that my Christmas gifts in recent times have missed the mark with a few of you and I want to improve. I want there to be happy faces all round at Christmas 08. On a practical note, I may come home on Boxing day rather than pre-Christmas, so I am actually talking about happy faces on 26/12 rather than on the festive day itself. I hope none of you think that is a bad idea. Nothing finalised yet, just thinking through the practicalities.

And speaking of practicalities... apparently John Lewis get up to 12 complaints a day (during busy Christmas times) from customers about the lack of availability of the Teasmade. Apparently they are going to produce a new version. I would love a teasmade, I really would. I haven't quite figured out the milk issue - though in NI it would be cold enough for it to just sit out on the windowsill over night. I would be far too embarrassed to put a teasmade on a wedding list but would love to own one. I have spoken at length with Pat about it, so maybe best to communicate, lest I get enough Teasmade for one in every bedroom on the new house. Least you'd get a cup of tea in the morning when you come and visit!

7 comments:

  1. Re: milk issue, why not put it in a vacuum flask? Am now frantically googling automatic tea makers in a bid to get another christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, sorry, posted that anonymously. it was me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, good idea. Actually, one of my other requests is a small flask! My initial though was to take soup in to work for lunch, but bedside milk is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what gifts do you think didnt go down well? I loved my jammies. Also where is your full list, if you dont want to be the proud owner of 5 teasmades?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had another idea, you could ask for one of those wee fridges, promoted as a drinks chiller and indeed I sure it would be nice to head off to bed safe in the knowledge that if you want your glass of wine topped up you wouldnt have to venture downstairs. They arent prohibitively dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you liked your jammies. I was thinking the other day that I hadn't ever seen them on you, but it has since dawned on me that since I don't actually live with you any more and that most times we are in each other's company you insist on wearing clothes rather than your PJs it is not surprising I haven't noted them on you. I can be a bit dense at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I don't think the hat I got for Mum went down that well either. despite my negotiating IN FRENCH whilst in Paris for un chapeau pour une petite tete. Quelle domage.

    ReplyDelete